Monday, November 15, 2004

Dear Family,

We have had a nice few days. Today was church and we went to a ward in Soweto. None in the Primary Presidency showed up nor did any teachers.....just the secretary and nursery leader......so I taught them for an hour off the top of my head and it was fun. They love the missionaries, so I taught them "I hope They Call Me On a Mission" and they didn't know it and they loved it...and stood and sang it and learned it so quickly. African people are wonderful musicians. They don't have pianos. So we did it without a piano. They usually use tape recorders and CD"S. There were a few who only speak Swahili so they didn't understand anything I said, but they were so reverent and they actually learned the song, even though they didn't know what the words meant. It was really fun. I told them about my grandchildren and showed them pictures of all of you. They laughed and smiled. It was a fun day...we had 6 people to dinner and now we are collapsing, but I miss all of you...especially on Sunday night. We talked to John and his children for a few minutes until the connection broke up and it was great. Claire kept saying, "Poppa". I miss you but know you are all doing your very best. We are too.

Love Mom

No comments: